|KNOX HISTORICAL SOCIETY
P.O. Box 11
Knox, NY 12107
The Knox Historical Society was first established in 1973 as the result of the enthusiasm created by the 1972 Sesquicentennial Celebration. It was revitalized and reorganized in 2004 by an infusion of new members, continued support from the Knox Town Board, and the adoption of a Statement of Purpose that included a Vision, a Mission, and Goals. Since then, ongoing program activities and accomplishments include:
· Maintaining a collection of over 800 donated historical artifacts exhibited in the Saddlemire Homestead. The Saddlemire Homestead is located at 2190 Berne-Altamont Road (Route 156) in Knox.
· Stocking a gift shop with framed maps, historic sign booklets, and pill boxes
· Staffing and opening to the public the Saddlemire Homestead on Sundays during the summer months.
· Sponsoring cultural lectures, presentations, and events.
· Presenting Music on the Porch each Sunday during the summer months.
· Helping to support Knox School #5
· Individual Member $10.00
· Family Membership $20.00
· Institutional Member $30.00
· Contributing/Sustaining Member $75.00
· All persons who are interested in becoming an active member of the Knox Historical Society or supporting such efforts financially are invited to join us and become a member.
· You may obtain more information about membership by contacting any of the Officers or Trustees of the Society.
· The regular meetings, many with guest speakers, are held at the Knox Town Hall on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m.
· Becoming a member is as easy as attending the next regular meeting and paying annual dues.
· You may contact the organization for more information by mail at:
|Nancy Scanlon Frueh||President||(518) 872-1646||rabbiteers@Hotmail.com|
|Jane McLean||Vice President||(518) 872-2082||JBMcLean@aol.com|
|John Elberfeld||Treasurer||(518) 872-2082||JElberfeld@aol.com|
|Donna Gwin||Secretary||(518) firstname.lastname@example.org|
Contact: John Elberfeld at JElberfeld@aol.com, (518) 872-2082 for access to the museum
We look forward to seeing you at our next meeting.